Are you looking to send your son or daughter to a traditional camp near West Virginia? The benefits of traditional camp are never-ending. From endless hours of fun every day to building confidence and becoming more independent, children will have an amazing summer.
- Learn New Things- We offer a variety of different traditional camp activities. These activities include horseback riding, canoeing, archery, climbing, swimming, arts & crafts, cookouts, campfires, nature exploration, team-building, high ropes, adventure programs, trips and more! Every day is a new day at our traditional camp and children will be pushed to try new things in a safe and supportive community. Many of our campers leave with a new skill that they continue once they go home at the end of the summer!
- Build Resilience- At traditional camp, children gain the experience necessary to broaden their range of coping strategies. Children learn new skills such as conquering fears, trying new things, interact with new peers, spend time away from parents, explore a new environment, become a part of community, and more. All of these skills will help kids to build resilience, confidence, and independence.
- Outdoors- Our traditional camp facilities are located on almost 200 acres of fields, forests, lakes, and streams. This gives campers an opportunity to explore the outdoors rather than stare at electronics all day. The opportunities are endless at the Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center.
- Memories & Friends- We think one of the top benefits of traditional camp is all the new memories and friends our campers will make. Many of our campers say that they met their best friends at traditional camp and can't wait until next summer to be reunited. Children will go home with hundreds of stories of all the amazing memories they made at traditional camp this summer.
Now that you’ve heard some of the benefits of traditional camp, are you ready to sign your son or daughter up? Call Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center at 336-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
Are you looking for a conference center near Virginia? The Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center provides an ideal conference center in North Carolina for those who are seeking to hold a conference center for their friends, business, or organization. Conferences are usually revolved around corporate or professional gatherings throughout the year, and are the perfect way to spend time together in a relaxed and natural environment with co-workers, friends and newcomers! Participants enjoy the use of our Low Ropes Course, High Ropes Course, and Climbing Wall for their character and team building activities.
Organizers find that our location is conveniently located about 1/2 hour from Greensboro NC, yet remote enough to really get away from the distractions from the original surroundings. By removing the distractions of daily life, retreats and conferences at our Reidsville, NC location are sure to be a success!
Our facilities include two classroom spaces, a large multipurpose meeting room, a spacious recreation hall, and all the necessary accoutrements, from tables and chairs to audio-visual equipment. We also have eight heated cabins with modest community sleeping spaces, and adequate bathroom space each accommodate up to 24 individuals, for a total of 192 beds on site.
For more information or for pricing details, please contact the Interim Center Director:
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you started to look for an overnight camp for your child next summer, near South Carolina? While most people may think it seems way too early to start the search, there is no better time then now! Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H is the camp for you! Camp BJ Penn 4-H is one of the best overnight summer camps near South Carolina! You want your son or daughter to have the best possible summer and camp experience possible and Camp BJ Penn 4-H is the only camp near South Carolina to make that happen!
When you think of an overnight summer camp for your child what do you think of? Activities like: swimming, archery, wall climbing, campfires, arts and crafts, and on-land sports? Well, we have all of that and more! We want to give your child the best overnight camp experience next summer, and the only way we know how to do that is by having them as one of our campers! We assure you that your child will have such a great camp experience that you won’t be able to get a word in on move out day! We strive to make sure each camper has the best possible camping experience and that they all leave absolutely loving the time they had, and the friendships and memories they made!
For many children, the highlight of their summer, besides not having any school, is going away to summer camp! For a couple of weeks every single summer, children get to leave their stress behind, have endless hours of fun, and meet a ton of new people! Even more importantly, sending your son or daughter to a summer camp provides them with the chance to meet their new best friend. At Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, many of our campers say that they have met their best friends at our summer camp near Virginia, and count down until they are reunited the next summer. Keep on reading to learn what your child and their new best friends will get to do this summer at camp!
As parents, when you start thinking about sending your son or daughter to a summer camp, you may be concerned that it will be hard for them to adjust and to make new friends. But trust us, at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, it's easy for campers to socialize and make new friends! One of the most commons ways that our campers get to know each other is by finding other campers who have the same interests as them. And by participating in a variety of our summer camp activities, campers will not only work with each other and talk with one another, but they will have a chance to stay active at summer camp all summer and hopefully find an activity that they are truly passionate about. For many children, working as a team and effectively communicating can be extremely difficult. But in our safe and supportive summer camp community, children won't even think twice about this. At Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, our campers aren’t just making new friends and having a fun summer, they are also gaining some much needed social skills, boosting their self-esteem, and also gaining confidence in themselves and their abilities.
Now, are you ready to sign your son or daughter up for the best summer camp near Virginia for next year?! Then call Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H to get more information or to schedule an upcoming tour of our campgrounds today at (336) 349-9445!
As the weather starts to get cooler, and the leaves begin to change colors, we are missing summer camp more than ever. To keep the summer camp momentum going, we are getting ready for next summer at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H already! You might be thinking, we’re still over eight months away until our summer camp near South Carolina opens again. But our theory is that it is never to early to start preparing for summer camp! And if you have the same mindset, then you’ve probably already started searching for the perfect summer camp, right? So to save you time and the unwanted stress, we have come up with four questions that you can ask while looking for the best camp for your son or daughter next summer!
- Do you agree with the camp’s mission statement? Usually, every camp has some kind of summer camp mission statement that explains what they want your son or daughter to get out of attending that specific plan. The camp’s philosophy should include children learning and accomplishing goals while having a fun summer. Ensure that you agree with the mission statement because that is what the summer camp program revolves around.
- What is the process for hiring the staff? For many parents, their main fear is that something bad will happen while their child is at summer camp. And with a certified and trained summer camp staff, the likelihood of something happening is highly unlikely. Ask about how the summer camp hires their staff, what kind of training or certification they may have to go through, and what the camper to counselor ratio is. Remember, these are the people that will be taking care of your son or daughter this summer, so you should trust them.
- What will my son/daughter be doing all summer at camp? The best part about going away to summer camp is all of the fun and exciting activities that children get to participate in. One of the easiest ways to pick a summer camp that your child will love is by sending them to one that has activities that they love. Check out the summer camp activities that the camp offers and go through them with your son or daughter. Make sure that the camp offers a few different activities/programs that your child is excited to participate in. This is one of the best ways to get your son or daughter to look forward to going to summer camp!
- How far away from home is the camp? While you shouldn’t choose a camp just based on its location, both you and your child should be comfortable with how far or close it is from home. Feeling homesick at summer camp is completely normal, and although it may seem that the farther away from home, the worse that children feel. But homesickness will likely occur whether children are five minutes from home or five hours. After a few days, children will become more comfortable with their home for the summer and fall in love with being at camp!
If you’re looking for the best summer camp near South Carolina for your son or daughter next summer, then send them to Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H! Call us at (336)-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour of our campgrounds today!
With the school year back in full swing, the likelihood of your son or daughter feeling anxious or stressed is likely to happen at some point. A lot of people forget that stress doesn’t only happen to adults, but quite often affects children as well. From all of the homework that they are getting at school, to next week’s test that they need to study for, and all of the after school activities, children are left feeling stressed with little time to handle everything. At Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, we have done a little bit of research to help our amazing campers deal with this stress. Our traditional camp in North Carolina has found a few ways to help children deal with and reduce the stress that they have.
- First, tell your son or daughter that the stress that he or she is feeling is completely normal and it happens to everyone. Tell them that everyone feels stressed sometimes and that there are things they can do to cope with it and make themselves feel better.
- Another way to reduce stress is to reduce their screen time. Did you know that on average, children spend almost seven hours a day using some kind of electronic device?! So get them away from the television or cell phone and spend some time together outside! Nature is an all-natural stress reliever and it’s free!
- Getting enough rest is also an easy way for children (and adults!) to reduce stress. Research what the ideal amount of sleep that your son or daughter should get each night based on their age. Then make it a point to try and keep them on a nightly schedule.
- Keeping your son or daughter active is a great way for them to unwind and lessen their stress. Avoid overfilling their daily schedule with various afterschool activities, sport teams, and music lessons. Instead, give them time for free play. In other words, let them do what they want for an hour or two each day. This doesn’t necessarily mean let them go and stare at the television, that also has the ability to increase stress. Instead, bring them to the local park, or go outside and spend some time playing catch or tag. Simple and calming activities are the way to go. For some ideas on what to do, you can always check out our traditional camp activities that we offer during the summer.
And lets not forget about reducing all of that stress during the summer! The easiest way to do that is by sending them to the best traditional camp in North Carolina! Call Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H at (336)-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
Deciding where to send your son or daughter to camp next summer can be a very time consuming and stressful process. There are over 12,000 different residential and day camps located around the United States and having to choose just one may see extremely difficult. And to make this process a little easier, Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H is here to help! Our residential camp in NC has a few tips on how to find the perfect camp and what to do before you make your decision.
- What are your child’s interests? Before you start looking at camps, find out what kind of activities your son or daughter is interested in or would like to pursue. Many residential camps offer a wide variety of activities, but if your child is dedicated on one specific sport or activity, then maybe consider a specialized camp. And the easiest way to ensure that your son or daughter loves camp is by sending them to one that offers residential camp activities that they are passionate about.
- How far is too far from home? Depending on how far you and your child agree on, look for residential camps in that area. Our residential camp has become a summer home for children from all over the United States. If you’re worried about your son or daughter feeling homesick at residential camp, remember that no matter how far from home they are, homesickness is common and will likely happen whether they are down the street or across the country. And after the first week, children tend to get used to their new surroundings, make new friends, and won’t ever want to leave!
- The only way to decide that a residential camp is the right fit is by visiting it! Although the online tours give you a great idea of what the camp offers, the easiest way to decide if your son or daughter feels comfortable at the camp is by taking a trip there and exploring all the residential camp facilities.
Now, hopefully these tips make your decision a little bit easier! If you’re interested in sending your son or daughter to the best residential camp in NC next summer, then contact Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H! Call us at (336)-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
Did you know that today, children between the ages of eight and eighteen devote over seven hours a day using entertainment media on a typical day? This results in children spending more than fifty-three hours a week behind a television screen, playing video games, checking their cell phone, etc.! At Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, we encourage our campers to spend more time outside and to reconnect with nature. It is extremely important for children both mentally and physically to spend a little more time playing outside than stuck inside behind a screen. Keep on reading for some reasons that our residential camp in North Carolina wants children to spend more time outside!
- Children that spend more time outside have better vision than those who play indoors more. When a child spends time away from a television or computer screen, and instead spend time outdoors, they are less likely to develop myopia. For some ideas on what to do to keep your children moving outside, check out our residential camp activities. Have your children start practicing their favorite sport or activity for next summer!
- Spending time outside increases a child’s attention span. Many studies show that by exposing your child to natural settings after school and on the weekend are extremely effective in reducing ADHD symptoms.
- Everyone can use a little more vitamin D! Vitamin D helps the body fight off infections and prevent diseases, maintains strong bones, and lowers the risks of developing heart disease, cancers, diabetes, and more. The easiest way to avoid a vitamin D deficiency is by spending time outside in the sun! The benefits of residential camp are infinite, and spending some much needed time outside in the sun is one of them.
- Lately, school can be extremely stressful for children. With all of the due dates, tests, and projects, children are constantly under a ton of stress to get good grades in school. And guess what, there is a natural remedy to reduce stress (and it’s free!!). Spending time outside! It relaxes children and puts their stress at ease.
Now, when it comes to summer vacation, the easiest way for children to spend time outside is by attending the best residential camp in North Carolina! Call Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H at 336-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
Often times, overnight camp is seen as something that only benefits children socially. It offers children a fun experience to keep them occupied and busy over the long summer break. It also gives them friendships that will hopefully last for coming summers and for the rest of their life. However, Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H benefits more than just a child’s social life. Our coed overnight camp in NC also prepares children in a variety of ways for college and the future.
Recently, colleges have been more likely to accept someone if they are passionate about something and posses a variety of leadership qualities and skills. And one of the easiest ways to gain these skills is by attending overnight camp. By participating in a variety of coed overnight camp activities and programs, children will be given a chance to try new things and find something that they are truly passionate about. Campers will learn new skills and tips to help them improve and learn more about the activities. And hopefully, children will want to continue these activities once they get home and through the future. Coed overnight camps teach life lessons and help children grow emotionally, academically and physically. Campers take part in new experiences and people that they likely won’t get anywhere else. Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H is one of these camps that not only give children a fun summer, but also provides them with opportunities to learn, grow, and prepare for the future. Putting your child in a new environment and out of their comfort zone often gives them high self esteem and sets them up for success, an important feature that colleges look for.
For many children, coed overnight camp is their first experience away from home. Along with that, feeling homesick at coed overnight camp is often a child’s first experience with homesick. By addressing these feelings now at a young age, children are less likely to struggle adjusting once they move away to college. Overnight camp encourages independence and opportunities for children to live on their own in a safe and supportive environment.
Learning to be passionate about something, how to be independent, how to be a leader, and gaining self confidence are all amazing parts of the Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H experience, as well as important features of the college experience. By attending an overnight camp and gaining the true experience, children are more likely to be prepared to get ready for college or whatever they plan to do with their future.
If you’re looking for the best coed overnight camp in NC, then look no further than Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H! Call us at (336)-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today.
Have you started to look for a summer camp for your son or daughter next summer? While it may seem way too early to start the search, there is no better time then now! Meet Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, we are one of the best coed summer camps in North Carolina, and the perfect camp for your child! The sooner that you find the perfect summer camp, the less stress you will be in the long run. So keep on reading to learn why Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H is the perfect summer camp for your son or daughter next summer.
Are you still undecided on whether or not to send your child to residential or day camp? Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H has both! We offer various coed summer camp programs that are sure to please every family! There is residential summer camp, environmental day camp, and specialty camps for different age groups. No matter which you choose, children will still have the same amazing coed summer camp experience that will make them want to come back every single summer. All programs offer campers to choose from a variety of coed summer camp activities. These activities include canoeing, archery, horseback riding, swimming, environmental education, teambuilding, high ropes, climbing wall, and more. There is sure to be an activity that campers will fall in love with and hopefully continue once they leave at the end of the summer. Our amazing staff encourages, teaches, and helps campers to improve their skills and learn every single day. Campers will grow and challenge themselves in an environment where they are safe, accepted, and don’t have to worry about what fellow campers think. All of these factors put together help to make Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H one of the best coed summer camps around and the perfect place for your son or daughter next summer!
Ready to sign you child up for the best coed summer camp in North Carolina? Then contact Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H at 336-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
How crazy is it that another summer has come to an end at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H? We finished all of our sessions a few weeks ago and think that this summer was the best summer yet! Memories and friendships were made, new skills and tricks were learned, and fun was had every single day. Our residential camp in North Carolina is already counting down to next summer to have an even better time! Keep on reading to learn about some of the fun and exciting things that happen when you decide to send your son or daughter to Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H!
When you make the decision to send your child to residential camp, you are not only setting them up for a fun summer, but also to learn a ton of valuable life skills. From learning to take care of themselves and being independent, to being a leader and working with others as a team, children learn a variety of life skills at residential camp. These skills remain with children well into their future and help them to flourish in school and throughout other aspects of their life. If you’re son or daughter is interested in learning a new skill or sport, residential camp is the perfect place to do that. We offer a variety of residential camp activities that children can choose to participate in. Campers participate in five different activities from Monday through Friday. These activities include swimming, archery, horseback riding, canoeing nature exploration, arts & crafts, and more! There is something that everyone will enjoy when they get to Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H. Besides just being fun, these activities keep children moving and thinking all summer long. While some children see summer break as a chance to just sit around doing nothing, it is extremely important for them to stay active. These age-appropriate activities keep children mentally and physically motivated during the break from school. Doesn’t residential camp sound awesome?!
If you’re interested in sending your son or daughter to the best residential camp in North Carolina, then you’ve found it with Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H! Call us at (336)-349-9445 for a tour of our extensive campgrounds or for more information today.
Co-ed overnight camps are seen to be a great way to get children in North Carolina active during the summer months when the word “school” is non-existent in their vocabulary. Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn creates friendships that will last a lifetime, and give children memories that will never be forgotten. Co-ed overnight camps, believe it or not, offer academic benefits as well that will follow children into their adult years.
Most kids do not even realize it, but summer camp teaches leadership. Many overnight camps have group activities that require effort from everyone, not just a single person. Sometimes, it takes just one person to bring a whole group of people to success. Leadership is a quality that is lacking in many people today. Colleges, today, want the student who gets involved in extra-curricular activities, and goes that extra mile with anything and everything. Leadership is a life-skill that more and more careers are in search for, but less and less people demonstrate it. Summer camp gives kids the chance to expand their horizons and test their abilities. Unlike school, summer camp doesn’t grade you on effort, but rather encourages trial and error, and learning from your experience. Leadership is one of those things that is hard to be, but with the right encouragement and enthusiasm, anyone can be a leader.
Overnight camp in North Carolina also teaches kids how to be a team player and improve on social skills. Like the old saying goes, “There is no ‘I’ in ‘Team’.” Summer camp shows kids that great things can come out of teamwork and two (or more!) heads are much better than one. Like leadership in many ways, being a team player is a thing that colleges and employers like to see. Being able to adjust to working with others is a great quality that many people simply do not have. Activities at summer camp allow kids to work together with others, and instill in them that it is important to learn how to work together with different kinds of people. Being a team player, and knowing how to cooperate with all kinds of people, not just close friends, is an extremely important life skill that many kids learn only because they had the opportunity to attend summer camp.
Summer camp is also a great way to teach kids how to become independent. Independence is a skill that will never get old or optional; there comes a point in kids’ lives when they have to make decisions on their own, without the guidance from parents or teachers. Whether it be at college or the first day at a new job, independence is something that children must learn and apply in life every day. With independence comes confidence. Sometimes it takes a little encouragement for a child to finally be able to make a decision on his or her own. Independence is a skill that is evolving as children get older. Attending summer camp teaches kids that there are many components to independence, and that it really does connect to almost every aspect of a person’s life, and comes in handy even years after attending summer camp.
Leadership, social skills and independence are only a few things that North Carolina's Betsy-Jeff Penn teaches its campers. Along with the amazing memories and life-long friendships, Betsy-Jeff Penn educates kids; it is not only a fun way to spend the summer, but it is a learning experience that gives North Carolina kids key skills that will lead them to success later in life. Schedule a tour of Betsy-Jeff Penn or call with your questions today! 336-349-9445
While next summer is still about a year away, it is never too early to start planning. Finding the perfect sleepaway camp for your son or daughter can be a time consuming and stressful process, but here at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, we are here to help and make it as easy as possible! You probably have a lot of questions and have no idea where to begin, right? So keep on reading for some tips on how to find the perfect sleepaway camp near Virginia for your son or daughter next summer!
- Since you already know that you want a sleepaway camp for your son or daughter, you already have one less thing to worry about! No need to stress over transportation to and from day camp everyday, changing your morning routine to make sure your children are on time for camp and you are on time for work, and packing their backpack every day! The only thing you now have to decide on is how many weeks you want your son or daughter to attend. Look at the sleepaway camp sessions and decide (along with your child) how long they would like to go to camp for.
- The key to finding the perfect sleepaway camp is choosing one that offers activities that your son or daughter is truly interested in and looking forward to participating in. Here at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, we offer a ton of sleepaway camp activities that campers can choose from and are sure to love.
- Find out about how the sleepaway camp hires counselors and their staff. Who are these people and what kind of training and experience do they have? What was the hiring process for getting the job and did the camp perform any background checks? The sleepaway camp staff will be taking care of and spending all summer with your children, so make sure you trust them and the more you know, the better.
- Don’t cancel out a sleepaway camp because you don’t think you can afford it. If you feel that a specific camp is the perfect fit, then invest in it! A lot of camps offer discounts for referrals, early sign ups, and siblings, so see if you can qualify for any of these! And remember, your investment isn’t just in your child’s summer plans; it is also an investment in your son or daughter’s future. The benefits of sleepaway camp are endless, and give you the perfect excuse to spend the money!
If you’re looking for the best sleepaway camp near Virginia for your son or daughter, then look no further than Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H. Call us today at (336)-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour of our campgrounds!
Making the decision to send your son or daughter to a sleepaway camp before the summer ends is one of the best things you could do for them. You’re allowing them to not only to get out of the house and have lots of fun, but you’re also opening the door to new experiences, new friendships and opportunities. By sending your child to our sleepaway camp in North Carolina, like Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, you are setting them up for endless hours of fun and new experiences. Keep on reading to learn why attending a sleepaway camp in North Carolina is so great for children!
- There is no such thing as a boring summer at sleepaway camp. Every day is different and a new adventure or learning experience. Children will get to choose from a variety of sleepaway camp activities at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H to participate in. We offer arts and crafts, swimming, horseback riding, outdoor adventures, and more! There is sure to be something that your child loves and that will keep them occupied all summer long.
- During the summer, many parents find it hard to keep their child active. While children see the summer break as a chance to do nothing, it is important for them to staying moving and thinking. This is especially easy to do at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H. Campers stay active while having fun at sleepaway camp.
- Campers will also learn a ton of new skills at sleepaway camp. With the help of their amazing camp counselors and the rest of our talented staff, children will learn various skills and tips to help them improve and challenge themselves during the activities.
- We are proud to have creative a safe and supportive community where every camper can be comfortable being him or herself. There is no longer a fear of being judged or wanting to “fit in”. Instead, every camper is welcomed for who they are.
- Going to sleepaway camp is fun! There is no denying that your son or daughter will have fun at sleepaway camp and return home with a ton of new stories and friends! Just another great reason to send your child to Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H next summer.
If you’re interested in sending your son or daughter to the best sleepaway camp in North Carolina, then contact us today! Call Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H at 336-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour.