Are you in search of the best summer camp in Virginia? Then you need not search any further than the Betsy-Jeff Penn's 4H summer camp in just 30 mins south of Virginia in reidsville, NC! At Betsy-Jeff Penn, our goal is designing our program to meet your child's thirst for learning and adventure all while providing a safe and accepting atmosphere for our campers. We offer a huge variety of activities; everything from swimming to canoeing, from horse back riding to archery, arts & crafts to fishing, games, environmental studies and much much more! Our Reidsville camp, convenient to Southern Virginia, co-ed summer camp is the perfect choice for any child aged 6-14 and we stand by our mission to ensure that every one of our campers has their most rewarding and exciting summer yet!
Please visit our website www.bjpenn4h.org or call us for more information 336-349-9445, ext 305. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about our summer camp programs.
During the school year, children are constantly counting down the days until summer vacation. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t countdown to vacation?! Summer is the time for fun and excitement, and the perfect place to make that happen is at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H! By sending your son or daughter to our 4-H sleepaway camp, it is a guarantee that they will have hours of endless fun and the best summer of their life!
At Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, many of our campers say that their favorite part of sleepaway camp is all of the activities that we offer. Campers can choose from a wide variety of sleepaway camp activities that are both fun to participate in and fun to learn about. We offer canoeing, archery, horseback riding, swimming, environment education, team building, high ropes, a climbing wall, and more! There is something for every one at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H to keep them having fun and staying active. And it doesn’t matter if your child has had any experience in the activity or not, they can choose from any of the activities and expect to come home knowing how to do it. With the help of our sleepaway camp staff, children can choose any of the activities and be sure to go home at the end of the session with a variety of new skills. It is a guarantee that when you send your son or daughter to Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, they will be on the move all summer having fun with all of their new friends. Children will constantly be learning and having fun when you make the decision to send them to our sleepaway camp!
Are you interested in the 4-H sleepaway camp to keep your children active and having fun all summer long? Then call Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H today at (336)-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour.
Deciding which summer camp to send your son or daughter to can be a scary and stressful experience. You have probably read a ton of different articles about choosing a summer camp near SC for your child, and have tons of tips and advice in your head about what is best. But not everything you read is true about summer camps. Here at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, we have come across a few myths regarding summer camps and want to share them with you to make your summer camp search a little easier!
- “Choosing a shorter summer camp session avoids my child feeling homesick.” Unfortunately, this is not true. Despite how long the summer camp sessions, feeling homesick can’t be avoided. Also, sending your son or daughter to multiple sessions gives them more time to adjust and get used to their new environment. However, there are ways to reduce feeling homesick at summer camp. Click on the link to learn more!
- “My child’s best friend loves that camp, so that’s why I’m sending him/her there.” Obviously, not every child is the same, and neither is every camp! Just because your son or daughter’s best friend loves their camp doesn’t mean your son or daughter actually will. When picking a summer camp, take a tour, look at what they have to offer, and speak with other families to see what they thought of the camp. And don’t worry about sending your child to a camp where they don’t know anyone, by the end of the first day they will have made a bunch of new friends.
- “My son/daughter is too young to go to camp.” Here at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, we offer different camps for different age groups. There is the Cloverbud Camp for 5-8 year olds, residential camp for 8-14 year olds, and Leader-in-Training program for 15-17 year olds. Each program has summer camp activities that are age-appropriate and fun.
Honestly, the best way to find the perfect summer camp for your son or daughter is to visit the campgrounds and see what they have to offer. Remember, looking online at a summer camp is not the same as actually going and exploring!
If you’re looking for the best summer camp near SC, contact Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H at (336)-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
At Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, it’s almost a guarantee that your son or daughter will learn something new everyday. Every single day at our summer camp near VA is different and even more fun than the day before! Making the choice to send your son or daughter to Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H is one of the best decisions you can make. Keep reading to learn some of the many life lessons that your child will learn if they attend summer camp with us this summer!
- The second that you drop your child off for their week at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, they gain independence. With the help of our summer camp staff, campers will learn how to live on their own and how to work with others. For most campers, this is one of their first times being away from their parents and they may begin to feel homesick at summer camp. But they learn to work through it and have an amazing time at summer camp.
- One of the best parts of being at summer camp is making new friends. Our summer camp program allows children to interact with other and improve their social skills. Learning to work with other and as a team is a vital part of attending summer camp. By participating in our summer camp activities, children will learn their true potential, new skills, and discovering new talents.
- At summer camp, children disconnect from the world and live in the moment. By exploring our campgrounds and summer camp facilities, children learn to appreciate nature and how important it is to spend time outside. One of the many benefits of summer camp is the chance to explore the great outdoors with new friends!
Are you ready to sign your child up for the best summer camp near VA yet?! Contact Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H for more information or to schedule a tour at (336)-349-9445 today!
The earlier that you pick next year’s summer camp, the better. At Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, we can guarantee that that is true and not a myth. But when it comes to picking a summer camp in North Carolina for your son or daughter, you probably have a lot of questions and have read a lot of things. But don’t believe every single thing that you have read! Here at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, we have come across a lot of myths regarding picking a summer camp. Keep on reading to learn three of the top myths we have found and the real truth behind them!
- “I don’t need to visit the summer camp before I sign up my child because I did the online tour.” While the online summer camp tour is a great way to learn about the summer camp and its layout, touring the actual camp is way better. Before you make your final selection, take a tour of the campgrounds. This will give you and your child a chance to see all of the summer camp facilities and to see if your son or daughter feels comfortable spending their summer there.
- “I can only send my son or daughter to a summer camp that is close to home.” Don’t base your decision on the how close or far the summer camp is. If you are worried about something happening or some kind of emergency, regardless of the location, it is impossible to get there immediately. Instead, make sure you trust and approve of the summer camp staff. They should be trained and aware of what to do in the event of any emergency. If the summer camp has everything that you are looking for, take a tour and don’t worry about the distance!
- “I can’t afford to send my child to summer camp.” When looking at the summer camp rates and dates, you may begin to feel like sending your child to camp is out of reach. However, look for alternative ways to pay for summer camp. Once again, the earlier that you decide on a summer camp, the better. Most camps will offer some kind of early bird discounts for those who pick the camp months in advance. Also ask about any scholarships or other discounts that the camp might offer. Don’t brush off the idea of sending your son or daughter to summer camp because of the price tag!
If you’re interested in sending your son or daughter to the best summer camp in NC, contact Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H today! Call us at (336)-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour!
When it comes to deciding what your son or daughter will be doing next summer, have you considered sending them to summer camp? The benefits of summer camp are endless and by sending them to a coed summer camp near Virginia, like Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, you are setting them up for a fun and successful summer. Keep on reading to learn some more reasons why children should go to summer camp! BUT, get this…you still have time to sign up your (8-14 year old) child for our last camp session of the summer! Act quick though you only have a few days, the Session starts on Sunday the 31st!
- Life Skills- From the second that campers get dropped off at summer camp, they are independent and no longer have their parents to fall back on. Children learn how to live on their own without their parents, and instead under the watchful eye of our amazing summer camp staff. This gives children the perfect opportunity to grow and become prepared for the future.
- New Activities- Instead of sitting around all day bored, children will get to take part in a variety of summer camp activities. There is guaranteed to be something that your son or daughter falls in love with at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H. These activities are a great break from the stress that comes along during the school year, however they keep children both mentally and physically active, which is extremely important during the summer months.
- Communication- At summer camp, children will learn to work as a team and communicate with one another. This day in age, most communication is done through a cell phone or computer, but at summer camp this is not the case. Instead, children will improve on their social and communication skills with fellow campers by working together at a typical day at summer camp.
- Get Outside- As much as we don’t want to admit it, electronics have taken over our lives. Computers, televisions, cell phones, and tablets have become a part of our daily routine. Summer camp is the perfect place for children to disconnect from all of those things and get a much-needed dose of the outdoors. Children will go on adventures, explore our summer camp facilities, and just take some time to sit outside in the great outdoors.
Now that you’ve found the best coed summer camp near Virginia for your child, are you ready to sign up? Call Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H at (336)-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
Just three short weeks until we start summer here at Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H! We couldn’t be more excited to start the best summer ever at our summer camp near Virginia! During the school year, it’s easy for children to stay active with all of the sport teams, after school activities, and long school days. But during the summer, it can be hard for children to continue these habits, which makes summer camp the perfect choice!
At Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, campers will get to choose from a variety of fun summer camp activities. Throughout the week at summer camp, children will be able to participate in the ideal number of activities that are age-appropriate. These activities include swimming, equestrian, archery, arts & crafts, canoeing, nature exploration, a climbing wall, high ropes, and team challenges all within a typical week at summer camp. Everyday at our summer camp is different and is filled with new and exciting opportunities to keep children moving. Our summer camp staff is always ready to teach children new skills and achieve personal goals. Whether you decide on our residential summer camp or our summer day camp, children will constantly be active and on the move at summer camp.
If you’re interested in the best summer camp near Virginia for your son or daughter this summer, look no further than Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H! Contact us at 336-349-9445 for more information, to sign up, or to schedule a tour today!
Sending your son or daughter to sleepaway camp for the summer is a major decision. Most of the time, this is a child’s first experience away from home without parents. What if we said that instead of going away for the whole summer, children can get the same experience in just a week? At Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, we have made this possible. Our one week overnight camp in North Carolina gives children the complete sleepaway camp experience in just six day sessions!
What makes a one week sleepaway camp so great? Starting off, it offers all of the benefits of overnight camp that a typical six or seven week camp has. Campers will have the opportunity in a variety of sleepaway camp activities. At Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H, children can try out canoeing, archery, horseback riding, swimming, and more! Another benefit of only being a week long, is the extra family time this summer. Sending your son or daughter to sleepaway camp often involves not seeing them for weeks at a time. Instead, you can pick and choose one week or multiple week sleepaway camp sessions allowing for more time with your children. Sleepaway camp is the perfect place for your children to become more independent and confident in themselves. In just one short week, you will notice a difference in your child and they will make tons of memories to last a lifetime!
Camp is supposed to be a place where children face their fears and adversity, try new things, meet new people, and just love all of their experiences! We want you to know that we will do everything in our power to ensure that your child has the best possible experience. Camp is supposed to be unforgettable, and we guarantee your child will have an experience and love their time here; they will never forget it.
If you’re interested in sending your son or daughter to the best one week overnight camp in North Carolina, contact Camp Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H today! Call us at 336-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour!
Choosing to send your son or daughter to sleep away camp this summer is a guarantee that they will grow and have fun in a safe and supportive community. But for parents, seeing the price of sleep away camp often scares them away. Sleep away camp may seem like an unwanted expense, but it is an investment in your child’s future. Keep on reading to find out how you can afford sending your child to sleepaway camp in North Carolina this summer!
The price of sleep away camp is determined by a variety of factors. Sleepaway camp facilities need to be taken care of and constantly updated to make sure they are in the best condition possible for your children to stay safe. Then consider the sleepaway camp staff, they will work extremely hard this summer to give your children the most fun and safe experience at sleep away camp. When figuring out how to pay for sleep away camp, your first move should be to look at the sleepaway camp dates & rates. This will give you the price of each sleep away camp session and what you should expect to be on the bill. Call the camp and ask for specific information about what is on the bill, like any additional or trip fees. Next, inquire about any financial aid. Some sleep away camps can offer aid to families who are eligible. Try and choose the perfect sleep away camp for your son or daughter early. Many camps offer an “early bird” discount for those who sign up early. If you have multiple children interested in one camp, ask about a sibling discount. Certain camps will also offer some kind of discount if you refer another family. Call up the camp and ask! Another way to afford sleep away camp is to see if there is a payment plan. By using a payment plan, you don’t have to worry about shelling out all of the money at once. This will allow you to balance paychecks and make paying for sleep away camp more reasonable. Remember, the benefits of sleepaway camp are worth more than the price tag. Children are sure to have a great summer and come home with tons of memories to last a lifetime!
If you’re looking for the best sleepaway camp in North Carolina, contact Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center at 336-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
Can you believe that it’s almost opening day at Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H?! The arrival of summer camp near SC can create a lot of mixed feelings in children. While campers will definitely have a ton of fun at summer camp, it is super common for campers to miss home and feel a little homesick. Feeling homesick at summer camp is impossible to avoid and it happens to everyone. But remember, there are ways to prepare your son or daughter and help them get past these feelings so they can have an amazing summer!
If your son or daughter feels anxious or uneasy about leaving for summer camp, don’t assume that it isn’t the right choice for them. Many parents then start to question if their son or daughter is ready for summer camp. But don’t question yourself; a lot of children feel this way about leaving home, especially if it is their first summer at camp. After about three days, we have noticed that children adjust and fall into the schedule of a typical day at summer camp. Before your son or daughter leaves, prepare them for summer camp so they know what to expect. Practice any summer camp activities that they may be unsure or not confident about participating in. If you haven’t already, go for a tour of the campgrounds and allow your son or daughter to become familiar with all of the summer camp facilities. Start packing for summer camp a few weeks in advance together. When packing, try to include a few reminders of home like a stuffed animal, blanket, or some photographs! When your son or daughter misses home, they have a little pick me up. Once children finally get to summer camp, don’t be alarmed if you receive a letter home and your child misses home like crazy. This is completely normal as well. If you have any concerns, contact the summer camp staff and see if they can check in with your son or daughter. Try to remember that feeling homesick isn’t permanent and your child will likely get over these feelings within a couple of hours. Allow your son or daughter to deal with these feelings and overcome their homesickness. This will help children grow and better prepare themselves for the future.
Are you still looking for the best summer camp near SC? Look no further than Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H. Contact us today at 336-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour!
What plans does your son or daughter have for summer this year? Do they involve going to summer camp? Sending your child to summer camp near VA is a great way to ensure they have a safe and fun summer. When children go to summer camp, they have hours of endless fun running around outside with all of their new friends. If you haven’t yet considered summer camp, start to research all of the benefits of summer camp. Instead of having your son or daughter sitting around the house bored all day, send them to the Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center for summer camp this year!
At summer camp, children will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities, some of which may be new to them. Our summer camp activities include horseback riding, canoeing, archery, climbing, swimming, arts & crafts, cookouts, campfires, nature exploration, teambuilding, high ropes, and tons more! Every activity is filled with excitement and fun as well as chances to improve and learn. Children will be learning new skills and tips everyday from our amazing summer camp staff. We have created a safe and supportive summer camp community where children won’t feel judged or afraid to fail allowing them to try out any activity they wish. We offer both residential summer camp programs and summer day camp programs for children at Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center. There’s an option for everyone to have the most fun at summer camp ever!
If you’re looking for the best summer camp near VA, contact Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center at (336)-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
One of my best childhood memories was attending summer camp. I attended a summer camp in NC and had the best time of my life. From horseback and swimming to the climbing wall and high ropes, I tried every single summer camp activity that was offered and made some of my best friends there. Eventually, it came time for my children to get the chance to go away to summer camp. And I realized just how difficult finding the perfect summer camp would be. Hours of research and hundreds of summer camp websites later, I had successfully found the perfect summer camp for my son and daughter. And now I’m here to help you! Consider these tips when looking for the best summer camp in NC for your kids!
Camp Mission: Look for the summer camp’s mission or philosophy. What is their goal as a camp? The mission of the Betsy Jeff Penn 4-H Center is to provide youth with opportunities to develop life skills using the experiential learning model. A summer camp should aim to do this, as well as give children the best summer camp experience possible.
Facilities: If you're looking at a sleepaway summer camp, make sure to tour the grounds. Look out at the summer camp facilities and see if you’re comfortable sending your son or daughter to live there for the summer. The facilities should have constant supervision and should be in very good condition.
Staff: Next, find out about the summer camp staff. Who is hired and what is the hiring process? Are background checks done? The summer camp staff should be qualified to take care of children and have some kind of experience. Whether it was as a counselor in training or elsewhere.
Programs: Here comes the fun part, see what kinds of summer camp activities are offered. If your child is interested in a specific sport or program, make sure that the camp has it. Involve your child in the decision of what they would like to do at summer camp. This will get them even more excited for summer to come!
If you’re looking for the best summer camp in NC, contact Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Center at 336-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour!
We are so excited for our campers to arrive for the best summer ever! Now, why should you send your son or daughter to traditional summer camp in North Carolina? The benefits of traditional camp are never-ending. From endless hours of fun every day to building confidence and becoming more independent, children will have an amazing summer.
- Learn New Things- We offer a variety of different traditional camp activities. These activities include horseback riding, canoeing, archery, climbing, swimming, arts & crafts, cookouts, campfires, nature exploration, teambuilding, high ropes, adventure programs, trips and more! Every day is a new day at our traditional camp and children will be pushed to try new things in a safe and supportive community. Many of our campers leave with a new skill that they continue once they go home at the end of the summer!
- Build Resilience- At traditional camp, children gain the experience necessary to broaden their range of coping strategies. Children learn new skills such as conquering fears, trying new things, interact with new peers, spend time away from parents, explore a new environment, become a part of community, and more. All of these skills will help kids to build resilience, confidence, and independence.
- Outdoors- Our traditional camp facilities are located on almost 200 acres of fields, forests, lakes, and streams. This gives campers an opportunity to explore the outdoors rather than stare at electronics all day. The opportunities are endless at the Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center.
- Memories & Friends- We think one of the top benefits of traditional camp is all the new memories and friends our campers will make. Many of our campers say that they met their best friends at traditional camp and can't wait until next summer to be reunited. Children will go home with hundreds of stories of all the amazing memories they made at traditional camp this summer.
Now that you’ve heard some of the advantages of traditional summer camp, are you ready to sign your son or daughter up? Call Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center at 336-349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour today!
You were most likely expecting a specific age that we could give you, right? However, there is no “perfect age” for campers to begin sleepaway camp in North Carolina. You and your child both have to believe that he or she is ready to be on their own whether its for day camp or overnight camp! At Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center, our campers can begin as young as age 6! Our summer camp has many different options, from residential camp in North Carolina for 8-14 year olds to day camp for ages 6-14 and specialty camps. Here are a few things to consider when deciding if your son or daughter is ready for summer camp:
Do you think your son or daughter will be able to spend a couple of hours or a couple of weeks away from home? A lot of children will have no problem spending the day at summer camp. They will get to participate in a bunch of summer camp activities and then go home at the end of the day. Some children will also have no problem spending nights and weekends away from home as well. If this is your son or daughter, they might be ready for sleepaway camp this summer!
Next, does your child seem afraid to leave home? If your son or daughter doesn’t seem to want to leave home for extended periods of time, or even leaving you, then wait another summer to think about sleepaway camp. Summer day camps are great ways to have the summer camp experience without the homesickness and extended time away from home. If your child goes to school all day, then summer camp won’t be much different and won’t be a complete change from their daily schedule, making it easier for younger kids to adjust.
Last, ask for advice. Talk to the directors or a member of the sleepaway camp staff to see what they think is a good age to start summer camp. Everyone will have a different opinion, but these people have more experience when it comes to children and summer camp.
So, we’re sorry that we can’t really give you a specific age. Talk it over with your son or daughter and see how they feel about summer camp. If they are against it, don’t completely give up. Try again next summer when they’re a little older.
If you’re interested in a sleepaway camp in North Carolina for your child, contact Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center at (336) 349-9445 for more information or to schedule a tour!